Thursday, November 20, 2008

Science & Thanksgiving Tree

Good Afternoon (almost),
This week in science we've been learning how sound is made by vibration. Specifically, vibrations in our throat...we transferred that knowledge today to water in glasses and the sound made by the glass vibrating. Here are a few pics:






I almost forgot...here is a video of dgd telling what she learned about sound:


Afterwards, we (well...I) created the Thanksgiving tree. I put it on a little cork board as I said I would, and cut out a bunch of leaves. I put the leaves in a basket with a black marker and the stapler...a little sign on the tree gives instructions. Each of the kiddos made their own leaf (including ds4 who wrote FAMiLY). So the tree will fill up over the next several days, and on Thanksgiving we can talk about all we are thankful for! Here's the tree today:



*Ü* Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your thoughts here...