Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!

Hi Friends!

I've been inspired by another blogger: Trivium Academy. Her daughter is 8, and she has a video of her reciting a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson...well, our morning prayer poem is about the same length, and B can recite that from memory...so I took a video of her to post here...but the camera batteries are recharging. I'll post it later. Anyway, I have a couple of children's poetry books, and gave one to each of the girls and had them choose a poem they really liked. They will memorize it and recite it, hopefully I will get a video of that sometime next week or so...I'm not sure how long it will take to memorize. B is a bit faster than G...we'll see how it goes.

I have extra kids for school today, we're getting a late start as we are still waiting for them to arrive. I wish I had some really special Veteran's Day activity planned...but they are hard to find!

On Friday, it is National American Teddy Bear Day. We're having friends over to do special activities with our bears...sorting, counting, games, etc...then we'll have a teddy bear tea party or picnic...probably too cold for a picnic, most likely we'll do a tea party, as they love getting all dressed up and fancy...plus Ben will be the only boy...hmmm, Daddy is on vacation, maybe he'll take Ben away for the morning? That's an idea!

Gotta run for now...
*Ü* Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your thoughts here...