Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Book Review: Silent Night (A Rock Harbor Christmas Novella) by Colleen Coble



I was provided with an ebook copy of Silent Night by ColleenCoble by Thomas Nelson Publishing as part of their BookSneeze program for my honest review published here. 



I did not realize the book was #6 in the Rock Harbor Series… I think this is a book that definitely needs to be read as part of that series. Not having read the previous five books, I felt as if I was jumping into the middle of a story. My copy was less than 100 pages, and as such is a very fast read! The book moves quickly and introduces a number of characters quite rapidly! I had a hard time keeping up with all their names! I would have appreciated another 100 pages so the story could develop more slowly. The story line was a bit jumbled and seemed to introduce unnecessary subplots and characters (did I really need a detailed description of the waitress that isn’t mentioned anywhere else in the book?) Perhaps if I had read the previous books, it would all make sense. The author ties everything up nicely at the end, so it is possible to read and understand just this book – however, I felt the story was rushed and would likely have enjoyed it more if I was already familiar with the characters.
 


*Ü* Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your thoughts here...